Does your home have proper ventilation? If not, then indoor pollutants may build up to an unhealthy level. Have you heard that mood and stress levels can be reduced with indoor plants? Among such benefits, there is one more, which is improving air quality.
Now, it is clear that you just need a little space inside your home for such useful and stunning indoor plants. Are you interested in buying these indoor plants? Don’t worry to help you out, we have come up with the top 5 indoor plants that purify indoor air.
Benefits of indoor plants
1) Air purification
Such plants are natural air purifiers that can aid in removing harmful pollutants like ammonia, benzene, xylene, etc from the indoor air. If there is cleaner air, then it can result in reduced allergies and improved respiratory health.
2) Humidity regulation
There are some air-purifying plants, like snake plants can contribute to humidity regulation. It can be done when water vapor is released through their leaves. This can aid in combating dry air. Also, it reduces the occurrence of issues related to respiratory and dry skin.
3) Improved cognitive function
If there are increased oxygen levels and cleaner air, then there are chances of enhanced concentration and better cognitive functions. So, try to have these plants in your study area or workspace to potentially boost focus and productivity.
4) Enhanced mood and creativity
Surround yourself with greenery to inspire creativity and elevate your mood. By having indoor plants, you expect a sense of connection to nature even though you’re inside the home.
5) Aesthetics and decor
Apart from their air-purifying qualities, they also serve as an attractive decoration that can easily elevate the ambiance of any kind of room.
6) Noise reduction
Some indoor plants can reduce background noise by absorbing it. As a result, a more peaceful and quieter indoor environment is created.
7) Stress reduction
According to several studies, if your home has the presence of indoor plants, then there are chances of reduced anxiety and stress levels. A calming effect is created by natural greenery elements which can promote a sense of well-being and tranquility.
8) Increased oxygen levels
You might already be familiar with the fact that carbon dioxide is taken by plants and oxygen is being released during photosynthesis. Thus, this aids in boosting oxygen levels in the home. You can expect a more invigorating and fresher environment which promotes better productivity and concentration.
Top 5 indoor houseplants
Go through the below list of best indoor plants which will improve the air quality of your home and also, add a touch of greenery:
1) Spider Plant
- Spider plants are excellent air purifiers that can easily remove the pollutants like formaldehyde from the air. They come with arching and long leaves with white stripes, which makes them visually appealing.
- Generally, they prefer indirect and bright light. Always water spider plants moderately. Make sure you allow the soil to slightly dry between waterings and avoid overwatering to prevent any kind of root rot.
2) Snake Plant
- This plant is also well-known as the mother-in-law’s tongue. It can effectively remove indoor air pollutants such as benzene, formaldehyde, etc. Their leaves are in sword and upright shape along with attractive patterns.
- Snake plants come with low maintenance as they tolerate conditions like low light. Try to water them sparingly, which allows the soil to let dry out completely between waterings. Because in the case of soggy soil, they are prone to root rot.
3) Peace Lily
- Peace lilies are famous for their ability for filtering out harmful toxins such as ammonia, benzene, etc. Their leaves are elegant and in dark green color while also having striking white blooms.
- They can easily thrive in low to moderate light conditions but require regular watering. Make sure that your soil is not soggy, but it should be moist. Occasionally, mist the leaves for maintaining humidity.
4) Boston Fern
- Boston ferns act like natural air humidifiers, which can remove pollutants such as xylene. They feature green and feathery fronds, which create a tropical and lush look.
- If there is high humidity with bright and indirect light, then Boston ferns can easily thrive. Avoid waterlogging but keep the soil moist consistently. Also, regularly moist the fronds for maintaining humidity level.
5) Aloe Vera
- Apart from providing you a soothing skin, aloe vera also aids in purifying the air just by removing benzene and formaldehyde. It comes with spiky and fleshy leaves, which can add a touch of green to the indoor space.
- Bright and indirect sunlight is preferred by aloe vera. You can water them infrequently but deeply as they like well-draining soil. With this, the soil can dry out between waterings.
Don’t forget to dust the leaves of your plant regularly and keep an eye on the pests. With this, you can ensure that the air quality of your home gets improved. Just follow the maintenance tips for the top 5 indoor plants to let them thrive, and the air quality of your living space gets improved.